Work with our fun and hard working team — which includes one of the co-authors of the Agile Manifesto — to help chart the course for our web-based applications to meet our growing demand for modern, clean, awesome, responsive, UX.
We are looking for awesome Rails/Java/DevOps engineers for:
- Full Java stack (Apache, Tomcat, SQL Server).
- DevOps who understand scalable, cloud-based solutions.
Contact us now if you have:
- A passion for being a professional software craftsman
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to adapt to a wide variety of challenges
- The ability to generate high-quality, well-architected solutions
- The knack for staying on the leading edge of modern web app development
- Outgoing personality, able to work in a team environment and have fun debating architecture and alternative designs (but not ad infinitum :-))
- A nut about test-driven and behavior-driven development (or willing to be guided)
- An interest in challenging problem domains: fluid handling mechanical equipment, mathematical algorithms, cool graphing requirements, etc.
Skills & Requirements:
Developer Responsibilities include:
- Help build out new products using Ruby, Rails, HTML5, JS, MongoDB, SQL Server, etc.
- Redesign and enhance existing complex Java applications to address new requirements or code maintenance / refactoring / bugs (the usual)
- Perform thorough testing of all code via BDD/TDD
- Provide assistance, direction and mentoring to junior developers as appropriate
DevOps responsibilities include:
- Help improve our existing deployment strategy
- Help redesign a brand new infrastructure
- Multiple geographies (US, Europe)
- Fault tolerant, disaster recovery
- Load balancing
- Ruby/Rails/MongoDB stack
- Java 2EE/Servlet, Tomcat, Apache, SQL Server
- Behavior- and Test-Driven Development
- Responsive web design, Zurb Foundation
- Git, Mercurial
- AWS, Heroku, Docker, et al
Though we anticipate the successful applicant to have a few years of successively growing experience, we are not adverse to the “wunderkind” with a great aptitude and attitude!
We prefer someone to be close enough to meet with/work in our new office in an awesome, historical, downtown Bethlehem, PA, location. But, given a stellar, proven, remote talent, we might be able to work something out.
Applications can be sent to [email protected]